Flowers For Algernon : A Modern Literary Classic
'A masterpiece of poignant brilliance . . . heartbreaking' Guardian
Charlie Gordon, a floor sweeper born with an unusually low IQ, has been chosen as the perfect subject for an experimental surgery that doctors hope will increase his intelligence - a procedure that has been highly successful when tested on a lab mouse named Algernon. All Charlie wants is to be smart and have friends, but the treatement turns him into a genius.
Then Algernon begins to fade. What will become of Charlie?
- Format: Paperback | 256 pages
- Dimensions: 200 x 133 x 18mm | 225g
- Publication date: 13 Jul 2017
- Publisher: Orion Publishing Co
- Imprint: Weidenfeld & Nicolson
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- ISBN10: 1474605737
- ISBN13: 9781474605731
- Bestsellers rank: 1,166