With the intrigue of a psychological thriller, Camus's masterpiece gives us the story of an ordinary man unwittingly drawn into a senseless murder on an Algerian beach.
Behind the intrigue, Camus explores what he termed the nakedness of man faced with the absurd and describes the condition of reckless alienation and spiritual exhaustion that characterized so much of twentieth-century life.
First published in 1946; now in translation by Matthew Ward.
- Format: Paperback | 144 pages
- Dimensions: 131 x 202 x 10mm | 136g
- Publication date: 09 Aug 2016
- Publisher: Random House USA Inc
- Imprint: Vintage Books
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Reissue
- ISBN10: 0679720200
- ISBN13: 9780679720201
- Bestsellers rank: 299